Monday, October 29, 2012

My Porch for the Fall Season


I always love to decorate my front door for the Fall Season. The colors all around me inspire me to have a beautiful welcoming entrance--it is the first thing my guests see prior to entering my home, and I like it to make a simple, but elegant statement. I uploaded the pictures I took of my front porch, dining area, and mantle. Enjoy!


White pumpkins flank the entrance. I sprayed them white (I could not find real white ones!)


My son and I went to get some branches from a pile on the side of the road, and then I hot glued a few fall leaves here and there to make it pretty.


Our house does not have outdoor lamps, and I thought a lantern by the door would do the trick. I bought a battery operated candle (it flickers like the real thing!), and I turn it on when I know guests are coming.



The black wooden cat merges my fall decorations with Halloween just beautifully!




Raffia and fake fall leaves dress up my cute white pumpkins!




I spray painted these unfinished candle holders in a flat white and placed small pumpkins on them. Very simple but so unexpected!


I wanted to make topiaries like these ones since last year, and this year I was able to work on this. Loooove them on my mantle. The pumpkins are from Michael s,  the pots from Joann, and the leaves, corn husks, berries, etc. I just had from previous years.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Beva I am your mother and the first to post a comment. Really I love all the things you do. God bless all your talents and let you to share with others. Receive my blessings and a big hug. Yola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much mom! Your kind words mean a lot to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Beverly on the Blog.. Love the post and your decor. One of these days we are gonna have to fly up there and see you guys..Huggs - Ruchi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Bev!!! You are so creative :))

    ReplyDelete