Follow by Email

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Wing back chairs makeover!


Ok, so I finally finished one of the wing back chairs that I got from Craig's list. Let me just say that I truly respect anyone in the reupholstering business--it is not easy!!! The worst part is probably the removal of the old fabric. It is important to remove every section as intact as possible, label each piece with a number and what part of the chair it covers (you may not be able to tell once the pieces are all out) and attach every new piece in the reverse order you took them off. The fabric sections you may use as patterns, although there were some pieces that were pretty square and are shaped as they get stapled unto the chair. Pulling off the old fabric, like I said, was a NIGHTMARE!! I think I removed over a thousand staples. But once the hard part is over, the fun part starts. I must admit that for not having reupholstered anything in the past, I started with a rather complicated project, but now I feel capable of doing any other project that comes my way!!! I did it and I am so proud of myself...especially for saving a good $500.00 in reupholstering fees! I am posting the before pictures now...stay tuned for the after pictures (I am working on my other chair this week). Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment